RESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR OF PASSENGERS TO SUPPORT SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN TOURISM
In Colreservas we are committed to sustainable development in tourism and we invite you to apply the following responsible behaviors that as travelers you should keep in mind:
Environmental and natural heritage protection
- Throw garbage in containers ready for this purpose. If you visit nature destinations where there is no availability of cans or other containers, please keep the waste generated until you find a suitable place.
- Where possible, do separation of solid waste. This will allow recycling processes, using waste for other uses.
- Make proper use of water. Avoid wasting this valuable resource.
- Do not contaminate water sources such as waterfalls, rivers, lakes and seas. Avoid throwing solid or liquid waste affecting water sources.
- If you visit places that are part of the natural heritage, meet the standards set by each site. Avoid damaging, altering or in any way affecting ecosystems and landscapes.
Protection of flora and fauna
- Do not buy, hold or sell species of wild flora and fauna. This commercialization is illegal and is punishable by law.
Cultural heritage protection
- If you are traveling, make sure the memories you bring from the destination are not part of the country's cultural heritage: monuments, archaeological features, ruins, jewels, stones or other items that are part of indigenous or prehistoric works.
- Do not destroy, remove, ornament or relocate any good that is part of the cultural heritage of the destination you visit.
- If you see someone trafficking with cultural property, report it to the competent authorities.
- Respect the culture of the communities you visit. Avoid teasing and activities that may offend people living in the destinations.
Protection of children and teens
- Do not seek, use or promote practices of sex tourism with minors. If you witness a situation where the sexual exploitation of under age children and adolescents is been done, report it to the competent authorities. This is a crime punishable by law.
Contribution to the economic sustainability of destinations
- Purchase items, use services and try the gastronomy of each destination. This way, you support local communities of visited destinations.
You can contribute to sustainable tourism!
You are invited to implement the above recommendations.
See the applicable legislation on sustainable tourism and the commitment that Colreservas has in its fullfilment by refering to the link at the bottom "Compromiso con la sostenibilidad". (Commitment to sustainability)